To obtain an alcohol license, you must first hold a license with the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC), and pay the established fees. Businesses selling alcoholic beverages must obtain a city alcohol license after obtaining a license from TABC. City ordinance requires that businesses renew their City Alcohol Permit in conjunction with their TABC license every two years. Your city permit expires along with your TABC license. There is no fee charged by the City for alcohol permits. However, business owners who do not comply with the city ordinances may be subject to fines not to exceed the limit set by the State of Texas.
Steps to Obtain an Alcohol Permit
- Apply for a license with the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC)
- First-time applicants must bring the TABC application to City Hall to be verified and certified before sending it to TABC.
- Bring TABC permit to City Hall, and complete application for a city alcohol permit.
- Pick up city alcohol permit from City Hall after approval (typically within 10 business days).
Steps to Renew an Alcohol Permit
- Bring renewed TABC permit to City Hall and completed city alcohol permit application for renewal.
- Pick up city alcohol permit from City Hall after verification by code enforcement and application approval (ready within 5 business days).
Alcohol permits must be renewed every (2) two years.
View city ordinances