City of Winnsboro
Vacant Building Program
Requirements, Regulations and Information
The Council of the City of Winnsboro has adopted ordinances regulating vacant and unoccupied structures.
You must register this building with the City, Vacant/Nuisance Buildings Code Enforcement Unit if the building is unoccupied and:
- Unsecured, or
- Secured by other than normal means (boarded), or
- A dangerous structure, or
- Condemned as uninhabitable, or
- Condemned or Vacated by Fire Marshal Certificate of Occupancy Program, or
- Has multiple housing or Building Code violations, or
- Is condemned and illegally occupied, or
- Has been unoccupied for a period of time longer than one year during which time the Enforcement Officer has issued an order to correct nuisance conditions.
- Submit the enclosed Vacant Building Registration Form within 30 days, describing plans for rehabilitating and reoccupying or demolishing the building
- Disclose all pertinent ownership information.
- Disclose all pertinent lien-holders.
- Disclose any current Truth-in-Sale of Housing Disclosure Reports.
- Pay the $1,100.00 annual Vacant Building Registration fee within 30 days of receiving this letter. If the registration fee is not received within NOTE: If the building is vacant due to a fire, you may have a 90 day exemption from the registration fee. You must still submit the enclosed Vacant Building Registration Form within 30 days informing us of your plans for the building to qualify for this exemption. At the end of 90 days your rehabilitation must be complete OR you must pay the $1,100.00 registration fee.
- Provide unencumbered access to all portions of the premises of the buildings to permit the Enforcement Officer to make a complete inspection.
Owners, agents, assignees and all responsible parties are required to comply with the following requirements of the Saint Paul Legislative Code:
- Keep all buildings secure.
- Keep all porches, stairs, and exterior premises free of refuse, junk and debris.
- Cut grass and weeds.
- Remove snow and ice from sidewalks.
Sale Requirements – Contact the Code Enforcement, 903.342.3654, for full details. There is a fee of $__ .00 for the Sale Review Process.
VB1 – Current registration and fees; notify the City; restore utilities.
VB2 – No sale without City approval. Requirements include: current registration and fee payments, code compliance report, cost estimate for all repairs, a schedule for completion of the repairs, and proof of financial capability to complete all repairs.
VB3 – No sale without a Certificate of Code Compliance or Certificate of Occupancy
VACANT BUILDING REGISTRATION FORMS